|Home | Verified Titles | Deblocked Titles |Registered Titles | Cancelled Titles | RNI GuideLines | Proforma | Contact Us | हिन्दी|
Notification Regarding Import of NewsPrint
Procedure and guidelines for the issuance of Eligibility Certificate (EC) for the import of Newsprint.
RNI issues Eligibility Certificates (EC) for the import of newsprint to registered publications as per the policy of Ministry of Commerce on Actual User Conditions. Present Import Policy is based on the Newsprint Import Policy enunciated in 1997 under notification No. 22(E-96)/92-97 dated 29th January, 1997 with slight modifications.
Following procedures and guidelines are being followed by RNI while issuing Eligibility Certificate (EC):-
* Existing formula for the allocation of Regular Eligibility Certificate to import the newsprint is 25 % enhancement over the last year's consumption of Imported Newsprint, or 25 % of last year's consumption of Indigenous Newsprint, whichever is higher, is taken into account. This will be further subject to the limit of demand of newsprint by publisher/owner.
* The Newsprint Policy is normally announced by Ministry of Commerce during the May end/first week of June. Till such time, Provisional EC is issued based on the Bill of Lading. After announcement of the policy, the Publications are required to obtain the Regular EC and submit the same to Customs and get it regularized.
* If provisional EC is issued then the quantity to import newsprint can be further enhanced, if the publication has consumed the allocated quantity issued under provisional EC before the end of financial year by issuing Enhancement Eligibility Certificate on production of required documents which are (1) Two Photocopies of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Newspapers for India, (2) Certificate of Circulation & Consumption with month-wise and edition-wise beak up for the claimed period duly signed by the publisher/owner and certified on all pages by the Chartered Accountant in original, (3) 50% copies of publication, if publication is daily and 100% copies of publication in case of other than daily publication, published during the claimed period.
The Publisher/Owner of the newspaper/periodical registered with the RNI has to submit the following documents to obtain Eligibility Certificate to import Standard/Glazed Newsprint.
1. Application form filled in and signed by the publisher/owner.
2. Photocopy of the Annual Statement, attested either by Gazetted Officer or by Notary Public, submitted to RNI under Section 19D of the PRB Act, 1867 for the previous financial year duly certified on all pages by the Chartered Accountant.
3. An Annual Return for import and consumption of newsprint for the last three financial years duly signed by the publisher/owner and certified on all pages by the Chartered Accountant in original. (Annexure VIII)
4. An Affidavit of consumption of newsprint (both indigenous & imported) for the last three years duly attested by Notary Public on stamp paper in original. (Annexure VI)
5. Two Photocopies of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Newspapers for India.
6. 50% copies of publication, if publication is daily and 100% copies of publication in case of other than daily publication, published during the previous financial year along with the latest issue of the publication.